FOR MORE DRIVING PLEASURE.
Every BMW is fitted with BMW EfficientDynamics technologies, for example the Auto Start Stop function, Brake Energy Regeneration or Electric Power Steering. Intelligent energy management means the interplay of all technologies ensures sustainable mobility today.
ECO PRO MODE.
- Challenge: Economical driving without constant self-regulation.
- Solution: Efficiency at the touch of a button and tips for even more economical driving.
- The benefit to you: Less consumption and a bonus range you can read right away.
Save fuel at the touch of a buttonActivating the ECO PRO Mode via the Driving Experience Control reprograms the transmission and air conditioning system for efficiency and the display shows tips for economical driving.
Efficiency with foresightAnticipatory tips aid efficient driving through optimal use of kinetic energy (in the BMW 7
Series with the latest generation of Navigation system Professional).
Possible savings via glidingThe engine is disconnected and the vehicle ‘glides’ if the driver stops accelerating at speeds between 50 to 160 km/h and doesn’t brake (only in the BMW 7 Series with Automatic transmission).
Get furtherThe bonus range is shown on the Control Display.
This is the extra amount of kilometres you can travel thanks to the ECO PRO Mode.
- Problem: Precious energy is wasted when braking.
- Solution: This energy is used to recharge the battery.
- The benefit to you: The dynamo does less work – consumption falls and performance increases.
BRAKE ENERGY REGENERATION.
ELECTRIC POWER STEERING.
- Problem: Hydraulic steering systems waste energy because they work constantly.
- Solution: Electric power steering that only goes to work when you move the steering wheel.
- The benefit to you: The power steering consumes less energy and total consumption falls.