1. Where can I have the car repaired?
At an authorised dealer or subsidiary. You’ll receive the contact details when you take possession of the vehicle.
2. Can I fill the tank with petrol or other fuel?
No, this vehicle runs exclusively on electricity.
3. Is there a guarantee for repairs?
100% coverage for maintenance and repairs for the duration of use.
4. What do I do if the car breaks down or I have an accident?
Call the BMW Service Number. You’ll find this number in the vehicle and in the accompanying documents.
5. What should I do if parts of the car get stolen?
Report the theft to the police and inform the BME ActiveE Customer Care hotline (you’ll be given the number when you take possession of the car).
6. How fast is the car?
The BMW ActiveE has a 125kW (170 hp) engine and goes from 0 to 100 km/h in 9.0 seconds. The maximum speed is electronically restricted to 145 km/h.
7. How far can I go?
This depends on your driving style. The average everyday range is 160 km.
8. How long does it take to charge the vehicle?
Four to five hours with a wallbox.
9. What does it cost to charge the vehicle?
This depends on your tariff. In a combined test cycle, the BMW ActiveE uses 14 kWh per 100 km.
10. I’ve heard that batteries explode easily. Is that true?
No. The batteries and the vehicle meet the highest safety standards and have been thoroughly tested in our testing facilities.
11. What kind of batteries are used?
12. Where can I charge it?
At the appropriate public charging stations and in any standard domestic power socket with a 16 A fuse.
13. Can I also charge it with an ordinary domestic power cable?
Yes, it takes between 8 and 10 hours to charge completely when plugged into any standard domestic power socket (with a 16 A fuse). A cable is supplied.
14. What is a wallbox?
A wallbox is a charging unit that can be installed in your home. It reduces the charging time to 4-5 hours.
15. How can I get a wallbox?
The installation procedures vary from one area to the next. This will be discussed at the selection process.
16. What does a wallbox cost?
The price of a wallbox will be disclosed along with the cost of using the car.
17. Can I replace or repair parts myself?
No, all servicing must be carried out by an authorised dealer or the BMW subsidiary in your area. You’ll receive the contact details when you take possession of the vehicle.
18. What happens if I don’t unplug the vehicle?
Nothing. The power supply is cut off as soon as the vehicle is fully charged. The vehicle can only be driven after it’s been unplugged.