To use the app in your BMW, connect your iPhone with the USB cable or the SnapIn adapter and launch the app. Now you can experience these functions via the iDrive controller, the display, and your vehicle’s audio system.
- All you need at a glance: a new overview with your account details and a preview of the latest subscribed tweets. New tweets are highlighted with an asterisk.
- All tweets read out to you at the push of a button.
- Access to personal favourites.
- Trends: what the community is talking about.
- ECO PRO Analyser (only in conjunction with the latest Professional generation of navigation systems, available in selected models since July 2012)
- Web radio (both inside and outside of the vehicle)
- Last Mile Navigation & Vehicle Finder (destinations and the vehicle’s geometric data transferred to your iPhone)
- Wiki Local is the ideal travelling companion. Browse through Wikipedia articles about the places and sights near you.
- Calendar (view entries in the vehicle, have them read out to you, and transfer the address of your appointment directly to the navigation system).
- News (both inside and outside of the vehicle)
Functions may not run properly when bandwidth is restricted. Some functions utilise links to third party services. Their availability, scope, and user interface may therefore change. Please note the requirements for these specific providers.
The functions require a broadband link. The costs (e.g. roaming fees) are regulated in the customer’s contract with the network operator. Please note in addition the requirements and conditions pertaining to your country.
For this reason, BMW cannot accept any warranty for the unrestricted compatibility and functionality of your mobile device when connected to your vehicle’s interface.