The number of mobile devices on the market (e.g. mobile phones and MP3 players) is growing daily. To enable you to use a selection of the latest devices in your BMW, our specialists continuously check the compatibility of these devices with the connectivity products offered by BMW:
- Mobile phone Business preparation with Bluetooth interface (optional equipment, code 633)
- Mobile phone preparation with Bluetooth interface (optional equipment, code 644)
- USB audio interface for media player support (optional equipment, code 6FL)
- Hands-free kit with USB audio interface (optional equipment, code 6NH)
- Mobile phone preparation Bluetooth connectivity with USB audio interface (optional equipment, code 6NK)
- Mobile phone preparation Bluetooth connectivity with USB audio interface including BMW Assist (optional equipment, code 6NL)
- ConnectedDrive Services (SA 6AK)
- Intelligent emergency calling (SA 6AC)
- Convenience telephony with extended smartphone connectivity (SA 6NS)
- Apps (SA 6NR)
The BMW Group allows part of the vehicle software to be updated, to enable compatibility of the latest tested Bluetooth or USB devices in the vehicle. This offer is available for selected vehicles manufactured after March 2010.
You can perform this software update yourself. To do so, all you need is a standard USB memory stick with sufficient memory capacity. If required, your BMW Dealer will also have a USB memory stick for you to purchase. To perform this software update, you will require the USB audio interface (included in optional equipment codes 6FL, 6NH, 6NK, 6NL, 6NS or 6NR) as well as the Control Display and iDrive. Your vehicle can be updated provided that you have the ‘Software update’ option on your ‘Settings’ menu in the Control Display.
The software update your vehicle requires depends on the equipment in the vehicle. Please enter the last seven digits of the Vehicle Identification Number to select the software updates available for your BMW.