100 % electric. 100 % driving pleasure. 100 % BMW.
Join us to explore the world of BMW electric vehicles:
- Gliding almost silently through towns and over longer distances
- Spontaneous acceleration from a standing start
- Pure driving pleasure – free of exhaust fumes and local emissions
EXPERIENCE THE JOY OF ELECTRIC DRIVING IN THIS VIDEO.
THE JOY OF ELECTRIC DRIVING.
- Completely new, emotionally charged driving experience
- Smooth acceleration from a standing start
- Electrifying dynamics with a relaxed driving sensation – gliding almost silently
WHY A BMW ELECTRIC CAR SUITS YOUR LIFESTYLE PERFECTLY.
- Emission-free sheer driving pleasure
- Optimal everyday utility due to high ranges
- Long journeys become even more convenient – thanks to continuing growth of charging infrastructure
FIND YOUR BMW ELECTRIC CAR.
BMW iX1 xDrive30.
- Type of drive: fully electric
- Output: up to 200 kW + 30 kW (272 PS + 41 PS)
- Acceleration 0–100 km/h: 5.6 s
- Electric range (WLTP): up to 439 km
- Luggage compartment volume: 490 l
- Charging time: in 29 min from 10% to 80%
BMW i7 xDrive60.
- Powertrain: Full electric
- Engine power: up to 400 kW
- Acceleration 0–100 km/h: 4.7 s
- Electric range (WLTP): up to 625 km
- Trunk volume: 500 l
- Up to 420 km* electric range (BMW iX xDrive40)
- Recharging for 10 minutes can add up to 95 km (BMW iX xDrive40 at high-power charging station)
- Power consumption (BMW iX xDrive40): 22.5 kWh/100 km*
BMW iX M60.
- Sporty all-electric driving pleasure with zero local emissions.
- Two BMW M eDrive engines with intelligent all-wheel drive BMW xDrive
- Adaptive M suspension with M 2-axle air suspension and Integral Active Steering
- 455 kW, 0–100 km/h in 3.8 sec
- Up to 564 km range
- Up to 520 km electric range*
- Recharging for 10 minutes can add up to 164 km (high-power charging station)
- Power consumption of 22.2 kWh/100 km*
BMW i4 M50.
- Up to 465 km electric range*
- Recharging for 10 minutes can add up to 140 km (high-power charging station)
- Power consumption of 25.6 kWh/100 km*
- BMW iX1 xDrive30.
- BMW i7 xDrive60.
- BMW iX.
- BMW iX M60.
- BMW i4.
- BMW i4 M50.
- BMW iX3.
FAQ: THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ON OUR ELECTRIC CARS.
What is an electric car?
A purely electric car (BEV, Battery Electric Vehicle) drives exclusively with electricity. It therefore has no combustion engine to power the vehicle. The electricity is stored in a battery. Its capacity determines the range of the e-car, in other words the distance that can be covered with one battery charge. Many drivers worry about the range – in most cases such worries are unfounded. After all, most BEVs today have a range of more than 250 kilometres. Purely electric cars are ideal for users who can charge electric cars at work or at home. At the same time, the extension of the public charging infrastructure is being pursued intensively. New charging stations are therefore appearing all the time in urban areas and along motorways. In the future, long-distance journeys will become easier and easier as a result.
What advantages does an electric car have?
An electric car offers an entirely new, emotionally charged driving sensation. Thanks to the torque available from a stand-still, you experience fascinating electric dynamics and spontaneous acceleration. At the same time, the almost silent electric engine gives you a new and relaxed driving experience. When actually driving, a BEV is also emission-free (the term also used is “locally”) and thus offers maximum protection for our environment.
What factors affect the performance of the high-voltage battery in my electric car?
A significant external factor that influences the performance and capacity of a battery is the temperature. You may have noticed the same thing with your mobile phone battery. Very cold temperatures can limit battery performance in particular. It is similar with your electric vehicle. However, our optimised performance strategies minimise the effect that temperature can have.
And did you know that the capacity of the battery also provides information about your remaining range? In addition to temperature, the range is influenced by other factors that affect how fast energy is consumed, such as the use of air conditioning, the current load, and your driving style.
If you ever need to recharge while away from home, your BMW electric vehicle will be preconditioned for the DC charging point* at your destination, which means the high-voltage battery is brought to the optimum operating temperature by the time you get there. This increases the maximum power while charging and reduces the amount of time you need.
* Only relevant for BMW electric vehicles.
How does my driving style affect the range of my electric car?
As is the case for a vehicle with a conventional combustion system, driving style also affects the range of an electric car. As a general rule, an anticipatory, relaxed and consistent driving style optimises your range. If, for example, you reduce your speed on the motorway, you can noticeably increase your range as a result. During recuperation, that means whenever you lift your foot from the accelerator pedal, kinetic energy is converted into electrical energy and fed into the battery – and you gain further kilometres in range.
What do I have to consider if my electric car is left standing still or parked for a longer period of time?
If you don’t plan to use your vehicle for a longer period of time, such as during a holiday, there are various ways to positively effect the lifespan of your battery. Whenever possible, maintain a charge of between 30 and 50 per cent and park your vehicle in a cool place or in the shade during summer months and keep it in a garage in the winter. In addition, the vehicle should not be plugged in for charging if you leave it parked for a long period of time.
EXPLORE THE BENEFITS OF THE BMW ELECTRIC CARS IN THESE VIDEOS.
Versatile driving pleasure.
Driving Dynamics in the new BMW i7.
Powerfull electric performance.
Electrifying driving pleasure.
BMW eDrive technology of the fifth generation.
High Voltage Battery.
My BMW App & BMW Charging.
*Electrical consumption and range is based upon the Combined Driving Test Cycle in accordance with ADR 81/02 on purpose built test vehicles and is provided for comparative purposes only. Actual range will vary in real world conditions depending on many factors including traffic conditions, driving habits, prevailing conditions and your vehicle’s equipment, condition and use.
**Measured according to the WLTP test cycle.