IN TUNE WITH THE TIMES.
From day to day our world is becoming more interconnected. Wherever your path may lead, with BMW ConnectedDrive you remain in contact. Take advantage of tomorrow’s technologies today and open up an exceptional form of mobility. Discover intelligent and intuitive innovations that connect you and your BMW to the outside world even more closely.
Integrated SIM card
With the permanently installed SIM card in your BMW, you can use innovative BMW ConnectedDrive functions such as BMW TeleServices, Concierge Services, Internet, Remote Services and Real Time Traffic Information in many countries around the world with ease. Without needing your own mobile phone. At the same time, the Integrated SIM card is a prerequisite for using these services. If you order either the ConnectedDrive Services or Intelligent Emergency Call options, the SIM card is installed directly in your vehicle. This makes it accident-proof and assures you of a direct link to the outside world even in difficult situations.
- in all vehicles ordered with the SA6AE (BMW TeleServices)
- the SA6AE (BMW TeleServices) option can only be booked in conjunction with SA6AK (ConnectedDrive Services) of SA6AC (Intelligent Emergency Call)
iDrive Touch Controller
Using the iDrive Touch Controller, you operate the iDrive system in your BMW comfortably with one hand. Thanks to the touchpad integrated within the controller you can, for example, enter destinations for the navigation system conveniently in your own handwriting. You can also call up and adjust a large number of functions as well as scroll through lists. Operation is effortless and intuitive using the sense of touch – this significantly reduces the burden on you the driver because it only makes minimum demands on your concentration which is otherwise directed towards events on the road. The Control Display allows you to follow all the functions managed via the controller.
- available in many BMW models as from 07/13. Until July 2013, the iDrive Controller will continue to be installed; it enables you to operate entertainment, information, communication and navigation functions intuitively.
BMW Gesture and Touch Control
With BMW Gesture Control, selected functions can be operated by means of defined hand movements. Simple gestures such as 'swiping' or 'pointing' are identified in the recognition area above the centre console and trigger a function such as accepting or rejecting an incoming telephone call. Volume can be adjusted by circular motions of the index finger.
The latest-generation Navigation system Professional offers the possibility of intuitive operation via Touch Display. Both Gesture Control and Touch Display complement the existing operating systems, such as the iDrive Touch Controller.
- the BMW Gesture and Touch Control is currently only available for the BMW 7 Series
BMW Car Hotspot LTE
With the BMW Car Hotspot your passengers can also surf the Internet with their smartphones, tablets or laptops at any time during the journey. Installation of the hotspot is quick and easy thanks to the snap-in adapter in the central armrest. Up to eight devices can receive high-speed Internet at the same time with the new LTE (long-term evolution) wireless communication standard. Wi-Fi in your BMW permits faster data transfer, improved reception, reduced electromagnetic radiation and extended battery life. It can also be used outside of the vehicle for up to 30 minutes.
- own LTE-capable SIM card necessary
- an 8-digit PIN has to be entered when first establishing a connection with the Hotspot. For devices with NFC (Near Field Communication) technology, simply move the device a short distance above the LTE lettering, and coupling takes place automatically
- The BMW Car Hotspot LTE is not available in all countries