AT YOUR SERVICE.
Looking for your car on a crowded parking lot outside the shopping centre on a Saturday? It’s not necessary. With Remote Services you can save yourself the inconvenience of a long search. Thanks to the services, you can control your BMW from afar. And you can do more than find your vehicle on a large parking lot.
With the Remote Services of the BMW Connected App (available in the Apple App Store), various vehicle-related functions, such as locking and unlocking the car, can be operated remotely. The vehicle’s location can also be indicated by honking the horn or flashing the lights, or on a map in the BMW Connected App.
Just as the BMW ConnectedDrive customer portal, the app also offers the opportunity to access vehicle information such as range or the status of the windows and doors. That way the driver is always fully informed about the status of the vehicle, even from a distance, and also has all information conveniently gathered together at one glance.
To use this feature, customers simply need to activate Remote Services once in the BMW ConnectedDrive customer portal at www.bmw-connecteddrive.com.
CONTROL YOUR CAR
FROM YOUR PHONE.
If you don’t feel like scraping ice off the windows in winter and would like to get into a warm car, you can set the temperature of your BMW ahead of time with the Remote Services of the BMW Connected App. Via the menu option “Activate now” you can start the intelligent air condition*. Depending on the outside and inside temperature your vehicle will turn on either the auxiliary heating** or the auxiliary ventilation***.
* Available only for BMWi and BMW iPerformance models
**This requires the optional equipment item auxiliary heating.
*** Depending on the series and model, some vehicles require additional optional equipment for automatic air conditioning in order to operate the “Climate-auxiliary ventilation” function.
- ConnectedDrive Services as special equipment
- Before you can use Remote Services, they must be activated in the BMW ConnectedDrive customer portal (incl. security question for use via the call centre)
- The app can be downloaded at no cost from the Apple App Store. It is currently available for Apple iPhones and will later be released also for selected Android devices. To use the app inside BMW cars, you should have the option code 6AK ‘ConnectedDrive Services’ (incl. BMW Apps functionality) and the optional Remote Services (6AP).
- only in combination with the Navigation system Professional, Navigation system Business, Radio Professional